Summer is just around the corner and that means it’s time to bring out the cold desserts! This Simple 4 Ingredient Mango Nice Cream is the perfect guilt-free summer treat. Made with mangoes, banana, dairy-free milk, and kosher salt, this healthy and flavorful dessert will definitely be a favorite at your next back yard barbecue.
So what is nice cream?
Nice cream is like ice cream, but nicer! It’s nicer on the body and the cows. Many people are lactose intolerant, lactose sensitive, vegan, or simply choose to reduce their dairy intake. This Mango Nice Cream is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and your gut.
- 1 large banana
- 2-3 fresh, pitted and peeled mangoes (2 heaping cups). You could use frozen mango as well but fresh mangoes tend to be sweeter.
- 2/3 cup of dairy-free milk. You can use any non-dairy milk but I’d prefer cashew milk because I find it’s creamier.
- Pinch of kosher salt
1. Cut, peel and pit the mangoes and banana and freeze for approximately 3-4 hours.
2. When completely frozen, add mangoes, banana, salt, and a splash of non-dairy milk to your food processor. Continue to scrape the sides and add more milk until smooth and has the consistency of thick soft-serve.
3. Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to an air-tight container with lid and freeze for approximately 2 hours until solid.