I think we could all agree that the best way to transition into fall is with soup!
As the weather gets chilly, we tend to gravitate towards soul-warming foods.
Well, guess what?!
We've created the perfect butternut squash soup that is healthy, easy, flavorful, filled with natural ingredients and is guaranteed to warm up your day.
This butternut squash soup recipe is ideal for evenings when you want something simple and healthy. It's also great for meal prep or entertaining for fall gatherings.
It gets better!
There are also several butternut squash health and nutrition benefits. Did you know that butternut squash prevents high blood pressure, improves eyesight, boosts your immune system and so much more! Plus, it’s naturally gluten-free and vegan, so it’s a perfect crowd pleasing dish.
The bottom line.
If you love butternut squash soup, save this recipe because it’s guaranteed to be a keeper.
Here is our Easy and Healthy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
(Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Serves 4)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 3/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 celery sticks (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut)
- Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- Tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and ground nutmeg
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add oil, onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butternut squash and apples and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Use a hand blender, or transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, cayenne pepper or nutmeg as needed.
- Serve as is or with garnishes (pumpkin seeds and/or coconut milk.)