The holidays are a fun time filled with family, friends and FOOD! Although it's a great time of year, it can also be extremely hard to stay healthy.
Lets be realistic
It's no fun watching everyone enjoy food while you nibble on vegetables, pretending they're cookies. We're firm believers that this time of year is meant to be enjoyed with loved ones and cutting yourself some slack!
The bottom line
It's all about finding the right balance of sharing fun holiday treats and keeping them mostly healthy.
These guilt free, no-bake Healthy Peppermint Chocolate Energy Bites are the perfect crowd pleasing dessert or on-the-go snack. Either way, they're guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth and won't leave you feeling deprived!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 10 bites
- 6 large pitted dates
- ½ cup cup raw almonds - chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- About 10 mini peppermint candy canes - crushed (optional)
1. Put chopped almonds and dates in a food processor or high speed blender and blend.
2. Add the cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and coconut oil. Blend for a minute or two, adding a couple drops of water if necessary to help it move.
3. Put mixture into a bowl and add chocolate chips.
4. Take a spoonful of the mixture in your hands and roll into a ball.
5. Roll each ball into the crushed peppermint candy canes.